These mushrooms or fungi in my garden are an inspiration to Writers in several ways:
1. Can encourage a Writer to research the subject by trying to identify the mushroom – I found this difficult to do because there were so many the same colour and shape. You maybe more successful. They are not poisonous & are being eaten by something, probably slugs!
2. In a Detective Story – who killed the little old lady. Was she poisoned? Or did she cook them herself not realising they were poisonous?
3. In a Mystery novel when the coroner cannot find the cause of death.
4. In a novel that includes voodoo or other superstitions.
5. In an historical novel. Almost any era can have an evil character who uses poison. For example France before and after the revolution, England in Tudor times or Rome when the Emperors were around.